Rachel Simpson are some of the most Googled, pinned and sought-after shoes in the world of brides. Highly recognizable to the most savvy of brides, they ooze style with their signature vintage designs. Unmistakeable for their comfort and elegance, perfect for any bride or special occasion.
To celebrate these incredible shoes we are hosting An Evening with Rachel Simpson right here at Dotty’s on
Thursday 7th February 4-7
Prosecco and nibbles while you try on our huge collection of RS shoes. We are getting extra shoes for this special event. And also a fantastic opportunity to win money off your chosen pair of shoes and even a chance to win a FREE pair in our lucky dip!!
Every bride will win at least 10% off so your guaranteed to make a saving on the night. Or you may be in with a chance of 20%, 25% or even £50 off!!
Who’s feeling lucky?? So come on down, and slip your feet into these babies to see why they are the number one bridal shoe for our brides and get some amazing discount.
The event on the night is FREE! All you have to is register to get your free ticket at the link below.
So what makes the perfect wedding shoe?
Answers taken from Rachel herself from her own blog on the Rachel Simpson website, but to give our Dotty Brides help And tips from the main lady herself!
- Comfort- Number one and above all else, you have got to be comfortable in your wedding shoes. It may sound obvious , but you won’t believe the number of people who push this to the bottom of their list with phrases like “Oh ill wear them in; they’ll be okay; but I love them!” How many times have you been on a night out, and wished you could go home, not because you were having a naff time but because the thought of taking your shoes off was all too tempting. Remember on your wedding day you could end up wearing your shoes up to and over 12 hours. You want to party in comfort right?
- Wear-ability- Kind of like comfort, but taking things like heel height and straps into consideration. A shoe can be comfortable but too high, so make sure you’re realistic when you choose your heel height , if you never wear heels, don’t suddenly go for five inch stilettos! Similarly, most people prefer a strap, either around the ankle, over the foot or even a t-bar for extra hold, so if you know court shoes have a habit of slipping off, don’t do it!
- Materials- You know when you used to go shopping with your mum , and she’d drive you mad examining clothing labels, only to ruin your potential perfect purchase with the phrase, “it won’t wash well” or “It’ll be out of shape in a month” The same goes for shoes- they might look great, but if they’re lined with a synthetic leather, or worse still the whole shoe is faux, once you’ve had them on all day you’ll really feel their lack f give and they guaranteed to rub your feet. What your shoes are made of are just as important as how they look- go for leather lining, which allows your foot to breath and moulds to the individual shape of your feet over time.
- Durability- Traditionally brides went for satin shoes for the big day, but traditionally they got married in church, not a barn or a field or on a yacht. They didn’t have to worry about heels sinking into muddy grass, or dirt marks from the barn floor ruining their shiny new shoes. Back in the real world, and we’d strongly recommend leather or suede over satin. Often people are scared of these materials, but because they are natural they’re a lot easier to clean than unforgiving satin, I mean how many cows do you see holding umbrellas? Case closed.
- Desirability- Yep, we believe you should love your shoes. Proper love, not just “Oh they’ll do/they’re fine/ they’re sensible”. Gone are the days when you had three plain ivory court shoes to choose from, and if you were really lucky you’d have the one with a sparkly brooch on the front. Nowadays there are so many wedding shoes to choose from you really don’t have the excuse, so take the time to find the ones which makes you feel like Cinderella (or Beyoncé, whatever works)
- That little something which makes you go WOW- When someone asks to see your shoes when you’re all dressed up in the most amazing, expensive dress you’re probably ever going to wear, how will you feel lifting the hem to reveal… a pair of £20 satin pumps? Exactly. Its not a price thing, its a design thing- you should look down at your feet and get a warm fuzzy feeling inside, a feeling of “wow, those look amaaaazing…”
- Be YOU- Yes you, the one he/she fell in love with. Not the person you think “A bride” should be. And this goes for everything, from the day itself, to your dress, right down to your shoes. Don’t be tradition if that isn’t you, neither feel you have to stand out from the crowd if your style is naturally classic. Just choose your shoes as you would for any other occasion, but make them special. So coloured shoes, sparkly shoes, blue, green or pink shoes- it doesn’t matter but be comfy in all sense of the world. So when you put them on in the morning , you look down and think “wow” and then you can get on marrying the one who makes your tummy flip.
Which will you choose?
Look forwards to meeting you all at our fabulous event!
Love Team Dotty
x X x